The Thorntown Public Library is proud to be part of Evergreen Indiana, a consortium of over 100 Indiana libraries giving service to Hoosiers all across the state. A Thorntown Public Library card entitles the holder to use any Evergreen Indiana participating library. This includes Lebanon, Zionsville, and Colfax libraries.
In addition to visiting Evergreen libraries personally, cardholders may request items through the online catalog or through library staff. The library also borrows from other libraries using interlibrary loan and a statewide courier service that arrives on Tuesdays and Fridays; there is no charge for this service.
- Handicapped accessibility from East parking lot; elevator in the center of the building
- Photocopying: black & white, 10 cents each; color, 25 cents each
- Faxing (send & receive): 50 cents per page
- Internet access on public access computers (see Internet Safety & Acceptable Use Policy): valid library card required with no overdues or fines
- Six (6) public access computers with access to Microsoft Word 2007 and many online reference services
- Wireless Internet access to your laptop or portable device (free; no library card required)
- On-site use of typewriter
- Two (2) notaries public are available to serve visitors with correct identification. Call ahead to confirm availability. This service is free.
- Loan of DVD player overnight (no charge; valid library card required)
- Loan of LCD Projector (no charge; valid library card required)
- Loan of Overhead Projector over night (no charge; valid library card required)
- Loan of slide projector (no charge; valid library card required)
- Loan of 60″ tripod projection screen (no charge)
- Books, Audiobooks, Compact Discs: Three (3) weeks
- VHS (limit 10 per card, DVDs (limit 10 per card), Magazines, Computer Disks: One (1) week.
- Equipment (LCD Projector, Slide Projector, Tripod Projector Screen): One (1) day.
Overdue fines accrue at 25 cents per item per day.
Meeting space is available at Thorntown Public Library. Reservations may be made online here or by calling the library (765.436.7348)